How to write a Bibliography
Water Fair Fun
We have an exciting opportunity! The 4th Grade students may participate in the State of New Hampshire Water Science Fair. Students will be creating a project related to water. At school, we will talk about different ideas and examples of water projects. Students will need to make the project at home and bring it to school. Or, they can work on it at school during library and free time. Some people from Manchester Water Works will come to look at the projects. They will have prizes for the best ones. Making a project is optional, but we encourage all students to participate.
How can you help?
Water Fair Requirements
All fourth graders are encouraged to participate. The City's Water Works Department sponsors a state wide Science Fair with the theme of water. The requirements are as follows:
1. Must have a signed permission slip from parent / guardian.
2. Must complete a project or poster on topic.
3. Must write a one page minimum report on what was learned.
4. Must have a bibliography for their report.
State of NH Rules for 4th Grade Water Science Fair
1. Projects must be related to water.
2. Projects must be completed by an individual or with a partner; NO groups.
3. Exhibits must be the size of one or two desks and free standing.
4. Exhibits MUST have a title visible for the judges.
5. Projects CANNOT include live or dead animals.
6. Families can help with the project, BUT the student must do the work. Families can come to the fairs, BUT must not interfere with the judging.
7. All exhibits must include a bibliography of at least TWO sources.
8. Projects CANNOT use electricity, an open flame, poisons, hazardous or corrosive chemicals or exploding items. Battery operated power is ok.
9. Parent or Guardian signatures are needed on the appropriate form for student to participate in the fair. Students will be photographed.
10. Projects must by set up before the judging starts.
11. A one page report is required on your project explaining the project.
12. Projects do not need to be expensive to win.
14. Have Fun! Judges will score projects on creativity, presentation and knowledge.